Tuesday, February 18, 2014

God's NOT Dead

“God’s not dead. He is surely alive.”

Those are the lyrics for one of the newest Newsboys songs, which is featured in the new movie God’s Not Dead, scheduled to be released in March. After I met with the Newsboys yesterday (I know, I have the best job ever!), I started to think about the concept of God being dead.

What an idea. I mean, that’s not something I think I've ever really thought about. God…being…dead? The fact that Christ died and then was resurrected to life is the foundation of our entire faith. How can God be dead?

He can’t. He is alive and well and “roaring like a lion,” as the song says. And He’s alive in me. I've seen miracles, little, everyday miracles. I've heard His voice—His very voice. I've seen His handwriting. And I've felt Him moving within me, speaking to me, guiding my steps and my life. And on dark nights, or when I’m walking alone, I can feel Him. His protection over me, around me, is an incredible force. I know I am watched over, protected.

And the number one reason why I know without a doubt that God is alive and well is the joy that I have within me. Life’s been hard. Yet, even when I've been unhappy, I've still been joyful. And I know that joy comes from God. I’m no theologian, but I know, deep down in my soul that the place where the joy resides is the same place where God’s Spirit resides in me.

And that joy has always been there. Sometimes it was hard to see because it was shrouded in my own depression and unhappiness, but even in my darkest moments, I knew that the joy was there, and that was all I needed to get through.

And I’m happy once again, but most of all, way deeper, way beyond this shallow happiness, is a much deeper joy that screams out, “God’s not dead, He is surely alive!”


And I can’t even begin to explain it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment