Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Visits with Friends, and a Quiet Day at Work

Today has had a good start to it! I left for work a bit early, in hopes of seeing a couple of friends who recently returned from a trip to Ireland. I was so pleased to see them both! I’ve missed them, and it was fun to live vicariously though their traveling tales. I was also extremely pleased when I saw that they bought me a present! It’s quite lovely, and very Celtic!


After that I still had some time to burn before work, so I called my friend Tess, and talked to her for a few minutes. We had a nice girl chat, and it was just good to hear her voice. It’s just little things like that that make my day! She’s a very lucky girl and is going to a Katy Perry concert tonight, with tickets that she won yesterday on a radio show. I told her to take lots of pictures!

Other than that, I have had a pretty quiet day. Once again, I have been visited by no students, and have edited no papers. However, I did have lunch with my coworker and his girlfriend. After lunch, my coworker’s girlfriend and I had a nice long chat about all sorts of fun subjects, so that was pleasant.

Now a frightening storm has rolled in, and the sky is raining buckets of water. I’m hoping it will be like most summer storms and will only be ominous for a short time and then will pass by, leaving us with clear skies and greener grass. However, the sky has yet to lighten up. Nothing left for me to do today but read a little more of “The Picture of Dorian Gray” and wait to see if any students will eventually pass through our doors. But, from the looks of things outside, it is unlikely that anyone will.

No comments:

Post a Comment