Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Girl I Am Tonight

I've lived so many lives, 
Each one of them vastly different. 
I've been innocence,
I been evil,
I've been love,
I've been hate. 
I've known joy 
And I've known loss. 
I've been cherished,
And I've been scorned,
Cast aside and crushed. 

But even so, 
Life has been beautiful 
And still holds grand touches of magic.

Beneath it all, 
With all the people I've been 
And the lives I've lived, 
I want you to know one thing:
No matter how I change 
Or who I become,
There will always be a part of me
Who is still the girl I am tonight. 

So please, when I'm old,
And my curls unravel 
And my cheeks aren't so rosy 
Remember me. 

Remember the person I am right now. 
Remember my smile,
(That it was all for you)
And cherish me
As you cherished that girl on that evening so long ago--
Just to remember, 
That she will forever live on in me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment