Friday, July 10, 2015

Ten Things I Learned While on Vacation

The woman standing on the right
had her bottoms on backwards.
1. Outdoor showers are wonderful. You get to be one with nature, under the sky…with birds flying over…and guys in cherry pickers next door, about to peep over the walls of the shower…


2. Victoria’s Secret is the god of bikinis.


3. Having your period while on a beach vacation can still be fun. And traumatizing. On second thought, I’m just going to go with traumatizing. Yeah…let's just leave it at that.


4. My new favorite beach game is, “Is That How You’re Really Supposed To Wear That Bathing Suit?” After a rousing round, we discovered a woman who had her bikini bottoms on backwards. More trauma followed.


5. There should be a reality show based upon how we vacation. It would be called Four Girls. One Bathroom. I’d watch the heck out of that.


6. The show Friends never, EVER gets old, and is strangely relatable now.


7. If you sit at the edge of the surf, you will get saggy, sand-filled bottoms. You will then look like a toddler with a drooping diaper, and it is impossible to politely remove the sand.


8. Due to lack of bathrooms and mirrors at our beach house, I brought a portable makeup mirror with me. We then learned that the mirror had two sides, the normal side, and the scary, magnified side. Um…anyone have wrinkle cream?


9. I live at a lake…in a beach town…and vacation in a different beach town. I just love the sand, and the sun, and the water.


10. I will never understand how anyone can live far from the ocean.

Bonus: We also wear matching shirts
(and lockets...but you can't see those).



No comments:

Post a Comment