Monday, March 13, 2017

They Don't Teach You Much in Marriage Class

LOVE NOT WAR:
They don’t teach you much in marriage class.
They poke and prod at your finances,
And ask if you’ve got all the right answers, I guess you’ll pass.

What they don’t tell you, could fill an entire book.
Like when it comes to sex,
If you’re inexperienced, will you even know where to look?

Okay, that was hyperbole,
But let’s be serious.
Everything changes, quickly.

It’s hard to explain why you’re busy all the time.
But you’ve made a new life for yourself and
You have another human to keep in mind.

Your apartment is tiny.
It’s not like the place you used to entertain.
Back then you didn’t even know the definition of tiny.

Your friends expect things to stay the same.
I guess you did too,
But it really is in vain.

Because things have changed.
It’s really for the better,
But your whole life is rearranged.

New place,
New man,
Cramped space.

But I need YOU as much as ever.
I’m still the girl who you’d call
To tell stories and whatever.

I still need you to ask me how I am at a long day’s end,
Because I still get lonely sometimes
And I really hope that you can remember an old friend.

1 comment: