Saturday, September 8, 2012

Red Sky at Night


A storm settles over Virginia Beach as the sky turns red in the evening. The sky is often red here at night. I cannot tell if it is from the ever-approaching storms that seem to hover over this nautical city, or if it is simply because the lights of the metropolis are so bright. I’ve never seen the stars here. I don’t think they exist here. Clouds. That is all I see in the sky at night: clouds that seem to reflect the redness.

I did something new tonight. I went to a movie by myself. I’ve never done that before. I’ve either reached a new level of pathetic or I’m getting braver. Brave. That was the name of the movie I went to see. It wasn’t exactly what I had expected. Too many bears. Even so, I cried in the theatre. It made me miss my mom. Those darn Pixar movies generally have a way of getting to me.

When I came out of the movie, the wind blew my hair around. I felt like the red-headed girl in the movie with the crazy curls. That was when I noticed the red sky. Leaves blew across the parking lot and the road. I’m pretty sure at one point I saw a tumbleweed cross my path. The storm is coming. It storms so much here.

I’m trying to find a point to this post. I don’t think there is one. Does there always have to be a point, a thesis? Does everything need to be wrapped up neatly in a nice big pink bow like the ones on top of the shiny new Hondas in car commercials? I think not. So for tonight I leave you with storms, red skies, and auburn haired girls who accidentally turn their mothers into bears. Oops! Did I just give away the ending? Sorry. I’ll go now…

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post! :) And no, you definitely didn't give away the ending! :D

    ReplyDelete