Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A God Moment


So, God and I had a moment yesterday.

I had been having a really emotional day and was leaving for work a little teary-eyed. As I drove I noticed one of my neighbors rose bushes in full-bloom. They were beautiful, all different colors. Ive never been one to take flowers for granted. Not only do I stop and smell the roses, but my family makes fun of me because often I will give them a kiss as well. (I think that flowers in general are very deserving of a kiss every now and again.)

As I was admiring the beautiful flowers, I heard something within me say, How can you be sad when the roses are blooming?

I was shocked. I knew it wasn't me, but the voice of God, speaking to me. I had heard Him before.  He knew exactly what I needed to hear at that moment. He wanted me to remember all of the beauty that he had put on this earth for us to enjoy, for me to enjoy.

Later, after I had arrived at work, it hit me. Not only did God want me to enjoy his creation because it is beautiful, but he wanted me to enjoy it with him. Do you realize how significant this is? God takes pleasure every time a new rose opens up and blooms. He didnt just make creation and leave it. He enjoys it, every bit of it. And here He was, asking me, little ol me, to enjoy it with Him! Suddenly, I felt as if I knew exactly how Adam and Eve must have felt in the garden when they walked with Him.

In a way, I feel like God let me have a really special moment with Him, and I cherish that.

No comments:

Post a Comment