Monday, June 24, 2013

To Learn to Tell a Story Without Words


Words are never good enough. My heart speaks in music that only I understand. Yet at the same time, I don’t have the ability or the knowledge to be able to release it. Right now, my heart is composing a symphony of sadness, triumph, and bitter longing. But. I. Can’t. Let. It. Out. I don’t know how. Words are the only medium I know.

Sometimes my point shoes do a better job at expressing what my heart cannot. But again, my body is feeble and undertrained. I trip. I fall. I turn an ankle, all in an attempt to speak what my heart cannot.

Sometimes I can express my heart on stage or in a song, but those must be already written, already existing. And sometimes, there is no one to hear my song, so it falls on the deaf ears of my teddy bears and an empty room.

So, I write. I write all day, and I write all night. There is always so much more to be written. If I lived a thousand years it wouldn’t be enough time to write down all that is within me. I’ve already lived a hundred lives, each one filled with sorrows and joys.

Oh what’s the point anyway? Tonight my heart aches because it wants to tell a story, but it’s a story I don’t know the words to. How will I ever learn to tell a story without words?

No comments:

Post a Comment