Friday, September 27, 2013

Snippets

You know, 2013 has been a tough year thus far. There have been a lot of ups and downs. I don't regret a minute of it (okay, I'll probably always regret that BSB concert, but that's beside the point), though. And through all of the tough stuff, through all of the good stuff, I'm slowly discovering what it means to be a "grown up" and to deal with very adult problems and trials. 

It's funny, but being away from Maryland for over a year has done nothing to dim my deepest friendships. If anything, it's strengthened them. And, being the sentimental weirdo that I am, sometimes I hang on to snippets of conversations between my friends/family and I because they mean that much to me. Although I won't name names, here are a few bits of conversation that happened between me and different people at different points throughout the year. The first three are from very dear friends, and the last one is from a male relative (I think the fact that a GUY wrote that last one makes all the difference!). They are simply too precious to forget.

"After all of these years, you're still the only person who really gets me."

"That's because we're soul mates."



 "Is there anything I can do?"

 "Just be you."

 "You know I'm crazy, right?"

 "Yep."



"You love me."

"Always have."

"And you love me."

"I always have."



"Hey Abigail, I know you're going through a tough time with MEN right now, so here are some words of wisdom from Boy Meets World--Eric: "Men are idiots. No, wait, men are BIG idiots." 


No comments:

Post a Comment