Thursday, November 7, 2013

He Was Busy Being Awesome...


Today was a bad day.

But I’m reminded of the Tim McGraw song “Find out Who Your Friends Are,” that says,

“You find out who your friends are.
 Somebody's gonna drop everything.
 Run out and crank up their car,
 Hit the gas, get there fast,
 Never stop to think 'what's in it for me?' or 'it's way too far,'
 They just show on up with their big old heart.
 You find out who your friends are.”

Sometimes in life you have those moments where you find out who is really there for you, and tonight was one of those nights. A friend came and picked me up after work and took me out to dinner. While I was busy being sad, God was busy being awesome. Tonight he showed me His hand in so many ways.

First of all, He was teaching me some things about friendship.

Secondly, my friend and I were having dinner, you know, just talking about God and the Bible, when the couple behind us PAID for our food because we were “being a witness for Jesus.” How cool is that? Thanks, God. I for one needed that blessing tonight.

Thirdly, on the way home, sitting at a stoplight, two very awesome friends of mine, who I haven’t seen in a while, were in the car next to us. Just seeing them again was a wonderful event.

And fourthly, my Great Grandmother called me. How many people my age can say that? She’s amazing. I hope I’m just like her when I am older.

So, I know that I wrote about this a long time ago, but despite the fact that 2013 has been the worst year of my life thus far, I have never lost my joy—the joy that I have through Christ. God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment