Monday, November 11, 2013

What More Could You Want?

Today I am reminded of something that God said to me about a year ago. I had been having a semi-bad day, you know the kind: cold, wet, dreary, and full of homework and homesickness. That was when I stepped down off of the sidewalk, on my way to my car, and God spoke. His voice was clear as He spoke to my mind and said, “You are well and you are loved. What more could you want?”

Sometimes I think about that, and I check on both of those elements: Am I well? Yes. Am I loved? Yes.

But that second question is hard to answer sometimes. At first when God told me this, I thought He was referring to human love, you know, the wavering, imperfect kind. And at times, I felt doubtful about whether or not I was loved. I mean, yeah, I’m loved by my family. I’m loved by my true, dear friends. But at the same time, even that kind of love isn't flawless. No. I felt sure that God meant a deeper kind of love.

And He did.

He was talking about His love. And regardless of the love of others, regardless of whether or not I am well and in good physical health, His love always remains. I need not rely on the love of anyone else. I don’t need to keep measuring my worth based upon who likes me this week and who doesn't.

God loves me, and I am living my life for Him, no one else. And in the end that is all that matters.

He’s right. I am well and I am loved. What more could I want?

No comments:

Post a Comment