Saturday, January 4, 2014

Something Was...Different.


I woke up this morning and something was…different.

The birds were singing, the sun was shining…but it was more than that. Suddenly I realized it was because I was happy. Today was the first day in ten months that I have awakened feeling happy. I smiled at the birds and the sun, and I thanked God for that very morning and all that was in it. Then I rolled over and went back to sleep.

I got up a couple hours later and sang in the shower for the first time in forever. I even opened my blinds and curtains. I don’t remember the last time I’ve done that. I’ve been living in a darkened room for a long time.

I felt as if a weight had been lifted off of me. I looked in the mirror to see if I actually had lost weight. No, I hadn’t. But everything about me just felt lighter.

That is because it is over. Everything, all the bad, horrible, dark, depression that I went through last year is finally over. The black veil of mourning has been put away. Forgiveness has been bestowed. The darkness is gone and here comes the morning.

I had forgotten how much I love mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment