Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Wesley

You know, I spent a lot of time in college. Yeah. You change your major and compile it with changing schools twice, and you’ll acquire a few extra credits. And by a few, I mean dozens.

I talk about Chesapeake a lot, because let’s face it: it was my favorite of my three college experiences. I also talk about Regent a good bit because it became my “alma mater,” if you will. Yet, you won’t hear me talk about Wesley very much.

*Takes a deep breath.* I’m going to talk about Wesley now. I only spent a year there, and because I disliked it so much, I left and found Regent. Now I’ll never ever regret that move because I think it was God placing me where he wanted me, but recently, I've been thinking about my time at Wesley. As much as I complained, and as much as I really hated a lot of things about that school, there were some good things. For example, everyone who I became friends with there, I am still friends with.

Over Christmas break I randomly got to see one guy who I knew during my time at Wesley. We still keep in touch, and when I saw him again, it was just as good as when he used to brighten up the hallways with his smile and amazing sideburns.

And just a couple of days ago I drove home to attend a friend’s birthday party, back in Delaware. He and his wife have always been good friends of mine ever since Wesley. I hadn't seen them in years, yet that didn't stop us from having contact, keeping in touch, and even talking about and encouraging each other’s writings. I was so glad that I went, because I don’t want to lose those kinds of connections, those kinds of friendships.


Sometimes I’m amazed that such beautiful things can come out of some of the darkest times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment