Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dorian Gray, Canada Day, and a Psychic Connection

Well, whatever that huge rush of students was two days ago, it’s over now. I haven’t had a student all day. However, I have not been alone. One of my good friends came in to see me today, for which I am very grateful, and I had wonderful Facebook conversations with my two best friends. Even though it is a day early, I would like to wish my dear friend Tess, a very happy Canada Day! I was informed that it is pretty much the same thing as America’s Independence Day, only 3 days earlier. I plan on giving Tess a call tonight, because well…it’s been a long time since we’ve had a good chat, and I thank God that my long distance coverage is kind to my international calls!


I’ve been missing some of my friends from Brigadoon. Thankfully, we’ve kept in pretty good touch over the past few days. Two nights ago, I had a dream about one of the guys in the play. The dream was fuzzy, but I remember that he was living in New Jersey, and I had gone to visit him. All throughout the dream, I had the vague impression that something was wrong, but I didn’t know what it was. Yesterday, I wrote to him to tell him about it. He was very upset, and gave me a call. He told me that he was in New Jersey at the time. After we talked, I started to think about my dream again. It’s a little uncanny. I feel as if my dream predicted what happened to my friend, almost as if to tell me that he needed me. Who knows.

On another note, I have started a new book! Well, it’s not new by any means, but it’s new to me! It is Oscar Wilde’s The Picture of Dorian Gray. It’s a little slow in the beginning, like many Victorian novels. However, I have been told that it is completely worth finishing (also like most Victorian novels). I loved Wilde’s The Importance of Being Earnest, and was even lucky enough to play the role of Gwendolen in a local production of the play a year ago, so I’m hoping to like Wilde’s novel just as much. I’ll let you know how it goes.

So, today’s been a good day. I don’t really have anything terribly interesting or well-written to add, so I suppose I’ll sign off for now. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment