Thursday, June 23, 2011

But the Greatest of These is Love

“Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails…….13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthans 4-13


So, love conqures all, huh? I sure hope so, because sometimes, that’s all we’ve got. I’m not going to get all philosophical on you, but I’ve been going through some rough stuff very recently, and even though my faith and trust have been challenged, I’ve realized that regardless of what happens, love remains.

Sometimes we all need reminders of what is really important in life. I’ve had constant reminders over the past few days, and have been carrying one around with me, in my pocket. It is a little green, sea glass stone with the word, “Faith” etched inside of it. As I walk, I can feel the weight of it in my pocket, and I smile as I think of the friend who gave it to me as a graduation present, but also for what it stands for.

I appreciate all of the wonderful people who have taken their time to talk to me over the past few days. I truly am a blessed person to have so many wonderful friends and family members. So thank you. I shall try to make this my last depressing blog for awhile. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, the silver lining to the cloud, the icing on the cake, the cream in the cookie, and all of those other clichés!

I hope that you are reading this today, and I know that if you are, you will know what I mean. Even though we might not hear from each other for awhile, I’m still here, and I’ve placed all of this in God’ s hands. This too shall pass. Keep the faith. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment