Friday, June 17, 2011

A blown fuse, Nancy Drew, great friends, and a kid on the roof...

Well my day has been off to an interesting start. It’s my day off, and I’m at home with my two younger siblings. My brother is crawling around on the roof, sounding like a very large squirrel, or a hurricane wind, and my little sister just blew a fuse. She didn’t know that it is a bad idea to run the air conditioning, the microwave, the toaster, not to mention the various other small appliances in the kitchen at the same time. I called my dad, and he walked me though how to get the fuse working again. At first, I was having a blond moment and didn’t notice the ancient, hand written, smeared and blurred list of labels for each fuse on the back of the fuse box door until after I was already frustrated that the individual fuses were not all labeled. Once I saw the list, it was easy to locate the trouble fuse. For a moment, I felt like Nancy Drew defusing a bomb…except there was no bomb, and I am not an eighteen-year-old detective with a cool car and a hot boyfriend.

Hopefully this day will get better. It looks a little dark and cloudy outside, as if it might rain at any second, but that’s okay. I’ve got big plans for today! After lunch, I’m going over my best friend’s house and we are going to hang out with a good friend of ours who is visiting, even though he has to drive several hours to see us. After dinner at their house, the whole group is going to come see my show tonight at the theatre. I must say, I’m extremely excited for them all to see the show. Since I am sharing my role with another girl, I am glad that my friend will get to see me playing my more important role tonight. I don’t say a word, and I have no solo songs, but I perform in several ballets, so I still feel that my role is vital to the show.

I am also very flattered that my friend is driving so far to come and watch my show. I have several family members who live near him, and they have never braved the long drive to even so much as come and visit us, let alone come see one of my shows. I mean, I understand. It’s a long trip…but I can’t help but think some times that that verse in the Bible hit the nail right on the head when it said something about a friend sticking closer than a brother. I’ve got a great family, but I must say, I’ve also got some pretty amazing friend who continue to surprise me with their loyalty and commitment. So, thanks guys. Enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment