Monday, October 7, 2013

An Unexpected Miracle

For the past few months, my mantra has been “have faith.” I've written it everywhere. It’s on my white board at work in big, cursive letters. It’s the background on my phone so that it’s something that I’ll see every day. If I was a tattoo kind of girl, I’d have it written on my wrist by now.

Faith has been something that I've really needed a daily dose of. I feel like I have so little faith that I need to be reminded constantly to just relax and let God take care of things.

However, this past week I almost erased my whiteboard and changed the background on my phone because I figured it might be time for a change…yet, for some reason, I didn't.

So yesterday I was standing in the lobby at church before the service started and I pulled my phone out from my purse. I didn't look at my phone, but as I held it in my hand, I could feel that there was something jammed into the charge-socket. Pulling it out, I saw that it was a tiny slip of paper about an inch long and about a quarter of an inch wide. Written on it in blue pen were the words, “Have Faith.”

I stopped and stared at it for a moment. Those are the same two words I've been writing everywhere and meditating on for the past few months. And here they were, written on this tiny slip of paper, in a handwriting that was unfamiliar to me. I didn't write it or put it in my purse, in fact, I had cleaned out my purse less than twenty-four hours before, and that slip of paper had not been there then.

So how did it get there? Who wrote it and why was it in my purse, stuck to my phone? Is it a sign?

I don’t know. All I know is that I'm amazed. This really is exactly what I needed to be reminded of. And it feels kind of like a little miracle. I mean, I know that there has to be some sort of logical reason for how this little inspirational piece of paper ended up in my purse, but it feels like it’s a little letter from God, telling me to not give up, to just trust in Him that He’s got this all figured out. I guess that He knew that I needed a little reminder so He decided to give me one.


So, thanks God.

No comments:

Post a Comment