Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Two Things I Like Best

Today, a very good friend of mine commented on how adventurous I am. That was sort of funny to hear because I don’t really see myself as an adventurous person. I mean, I don’t go scaling mountains or jumping out of planes, but as my friend reminded me, I do take drives out to the middle of nowhere, with no planned destination, only to end up at the ocean or even in another state.

Later on, I was pondering this, and was thinking about my little “adventures.” You know, I don’t think that I’m adventurous as much as I am determined to fill my life with the things that I like best. I mean, we only get to go around once, so we might as well spend it doing things we enjoy. Every now and again I've stopped, looked at my life and evaluated what experiences or things that I liked best about my life. You know what the result was? Relationships and adventures.


So, I've spent my life thus far trying to make sure that I get my fill of those things. That’s why I seek out little excursions and exciting happenings. I figure if I put more positive, wonderful adventures into my days (whether with friends or alone), there will be less room for negative, ugly things.  And as far as I’m concerned, one can never have enough friends, or adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment